In a previous MakeupMonday I mentioned using lip/cheekstains as a means of lightening up one’s makeup routine. In that article I mentioned perennial favorites, Benefit Benetint and Becca Cosmetics Beach Tint. Many readers, however, have cried out for more. Here then are some of my favorite makeup stains of the moment…
1) Tarte Cheekstain – It’s pretty crazy that I didn’t mention this one right off the bat, but I guess I was trying not to seem too biased. This product absolutely never leaves my kit and I have a shade that I use on myself as well (yes, they have shades for every skin-tone of Divas/Divos! 😀 ). They add subtle sheen, a sheer yet buildable amount of color and dry to a natural finish on the skin. AND they have no parabens, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances, etc.
2) LORAC Sheer Wash – Lorac had a great set of stains before, but the packaging was cumbersome. A little birdy must have whispered in someone at LORAC’s ear, because they have re-introduced their stains in a perfect travel sized roller tube.
3) Stila Lip & Cheek Stain – Stila is always one of the best, and their “pen” style packaging/applicator is genius for travel and easy application. These are different from the Convertables which are more of a cream formulation. Not only are these Lip & Cheek stain pens more of a gel consistency, but they react with ph balance in the skin to create a personalized hue that’s perfect for you!
4) Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain – Like Tarte, Josie Maran is representing the Natural side of cosmetics. These newly introduced these Lip/Cheek stain feature packaging is pretty much the same as Stila’s which is great, and a pretty array of natural, sheer colors. And since Josie Maran uses no parabans, synthetic fragrances or the like, if you have sensitive skin or you just like to stay on the natural side, these stains will work for you.
5) Benefit Posietint – Yep, I’ve already mentioned Benefit, however the one drawback to their classic Benetint is it is a rather strong potion of a rather intense color. Benetint is a great color for Olive-toned Divas and Divas of Color, but it may be a bit too strong for very fair skin-tones. For those who want a softer palette, Benefit introduced Posietint. Posietint has all the long-lasting wear of Benetint in two sheer and pretty shades.
© 2010 – 2016, Tania. All rights reserved.